A Lightroom Profile is a set of instructions that determine how the information in a photo is processed. In this video, learn why you may want to start your editing workflow by choosing a color profile.
- [Narrator] We're going to start the editing workflow by … choosing a Profile. … This is how I always start my editing because … Profiles will change the appearance of a photo, … without moving any of the edit controls. … So, what exactly is a Profile? … Well a Profile is a set of instructions … that determine how the information in a photo is processed. … If it's a RAW file, a Profile is required, … to render the RAW data into an image you see on screen. … Profiles aren't required for non-RAW files, … but there are some Creative Profiles that can be used on … non-RAW like, the TIFF and JPG we see here. … I've collected five different file types in this album, … because I want to show you how the Profile options change, … depending on the type of file. … To find the Profiles, we need to open the Edit Panel, … to start editing. … The Edit Panel is the first icon in the top right here, … or you could get there with the E key on your keyboard. … We are looking at a Canon RAW file. … By default, RAW photos are all assigned the Profile called …
- Understanding the histogram
- Enhancing image details
- Adding a vignette effect
- Reducing noise
- Straightening a subject with geometry
- Making creative color adjustments for drama
- Reducing distractions
- Highlighting your subject
- Adding and smoothing detail
- Exporting photos
- Selecting file options for web or print
Skill Level Beginner
Simple Photo Edits On Your Phonewith Tracey Clark1h 48m Intermediate
Learning the Lightroom Ecosystemwith Theresa Jackson1h 39m Intermediate
1. The Basics: Composition, Tone, Color
2. Beyond the Basics: Effects and Detail
3. Selective Edits for Impact
4. Get Photos Out of Lightroom
Do you need Photoshop?4m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.