Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Pricing for portrait shoots, part of Portrait Photography: High School Seniors.
- Let's talk a minute about the P word, yeah, pricing.…Now, you may not be charging…for your work right now, but who knows?…Get a couple good shoots,…and the next thing you know that you may think about,…this is not a bad way to go…for a little freelance business.…Helps you buy your equipment, a little extra spending money.…Now a lot of photographers have a hard time with pricing…and I think they tend to undervalue their work,…so I have a little formula I want you to think about…when it comes time for you to price…a simple job like this, a portrait shoot.…
First off, think about your investment,…your investment in yourself through training,…workshops, going to college, things like that.…You've had to learn your craft,…you have spent time doing that.…You also have an investment in equipment,…the camera, the lenses, the lighting.…All of those things cost you money.…You spent money, so you have made an investment…in your ability to do this photo shoot.…So that investment should make you worth…a certain amount of money per hour.…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.