Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Precision sliders and using the Alt/Opt key, part of Lightroom: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Narrator] So we've definitely gone in depth…with all of these wonderful things you can do…with your images using the develop module.…I'd like to finish this section talking…about just being that much more precise…and there's a couple of ways…to get the most out of the sliders.…One thing that I like to do is that…if you hold the slider over a given value,…you can either plug in the exact value…as you would any numerical field,…or if you click on the slider,…you can then use your arrow key.…I'm just using my up arrow key to nudge that…in a small amount, bit by bit, or if I use the shift key,…I can nudge it in a larger fixed amount.…
So just a little bit more precision…than just pulling the slider.…Remember, if you double-click any slider, it restores it.…The other thing you can do is you can take…this panel on the right and pull it further to the left…and that's going to give you about twice the sensitivity…of each one of these sliders.…If you have a lot of screen real estate,…I recommend doing that.…I recommend getting rid of the one on the left…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
Lightroom CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Chris Orwig5h 59m Beginner
Learning Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CCwith Jan Kabili5h 14m Beginner
Lightroom and Photoshop: Workflow Strategieswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes2h 23m Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.