Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Pose and photograph female subjects, part of Portrait Photography: High School Seniors.
- So I was happy to see Katherine and Zach…both come together.…Wow, right on time, that's cool, it's good.…I think it does a couple things, one is I have an extra…set of hands, that's fun.…But also I think it keeps the atmosphere…a little bit looser.…I like to work quickly, I think keeping things moving…really keeps the energy up on the whole shoot.…So I made some decisions before Katherine got here,…just in terms of setting up the backdrop stands…and the lighting and all that, based on what I thought…we were going to do.…
Then when she came in and she let me know that she didn't…have a whole lotta time,…so I knew then the pace was important for her too.…Aww, so cute, I like it.…(both chuckle)…- And there I also brought a skirt.…- Okay. - Also kind of bright.…- It is kind of bright (laughs) but you can pull it off…'cause of your skin tones, right?…I don't know if my camera can hang with that.…My camera, you know, is--…- And I also have what I'm wearing.…- I know, I like that a lot. - Okay.…- Yeah. - So we should do--…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.