Join Justin Reznick for an in-depth discussion in this video Photographing a waterfall in a tropical landscape, part of Landscape Photography: Tropical Scenes.
- One of the classic subjects that…go hand in hand with tropical landscapes are waterfalls.…Here in Hawaii, we have very wet parts of the island…and very dry, and as you can tell,…by how lush and incredible this is,…this is one of the wet areas of Maui.…As a result you get lush foliage, and lots of waterfalls.…I love to photograph waterfalls.…I definitely encourage you to check out my course…Photographing Waterfalls and Streams…to get an in depth how to on photographing waterfalls.…
Here in Hawaii, it's very difficult, it's challenging,…because in the stream itself,…the rocks don't tend to be moss covered…as well as they are in Oregon, for example.…It's a bit of a challenge.…My goal here is to really try and tell…the story of the lush foliage around the waterfall.…Now, a lot of the waterfalls here are crowded.…People are swimming in them, and taking pictures,…and I was lucky enough to find this waterfall…out of the corner of my eye as I was driving on the road.…
Was able to find a little path to it,…and here I am completely alone with this waterfall,…
- Shooting a tropical sunset scene
- Finding the right angles for photographing trees
- Photographing plants and flowers
- Macro lenses
- Static shots
- Multiple-exposure work
- Shooting a long exposure of the beach
- Capturing a unique shot of a waterfall
Skill Level Intermediate
Travel Photography: Costa Ricawith Richard Harrington3h 54m Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Telephoto Lenseswith Justin Reznick51m 53s Intermediate
1. Tropical Landscape Scenes
2. The Trees in a Tropical Location
3. Photographing Flowers and Foliage
4. Photographing a Waterfall
Editing the waterfall images3m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.