Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Photo compositing, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together.
- View Offline
One thing you can do in Photoshop that you can't do in Lightroom is make photo composites.…So if you interested in doing that and you're managing your assets in Lightroom,…then you will need Photoshop.…I'd like to show how I use Lightroom and Photoshop together, when I am…making photo composites.…I think this is a great art form, and something I really urge you to try.…So here I am in my Lightroom Library, I have three photos.…I'm going to select them all, pressing Cmd+A or Ctrl+A on my keyboard.…And then I'll go to the Photo menu and I'll choose Edit In, Open as…Layers in Photoshop.…
And that step really saves me time.…I don't have to start a new file, it's done for me automatically in…Photoshop, and the images I've selected are added to that new file, each as a separate layer.…I am going to start by turning off the visibility of the top layer and…working with the second layer, which is the statue. Below that is a layer with the clouds.…I would like to hide a part of the statue layer, this part on the left, to see…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. The course begins with details on how to set up the two programs for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats, sending them from Lightroom to Photoshop to viewing the edited results in Lightroom. The final chapter demonstrates several real-world scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop together.
- Setting the Lightroom preferences for editing in Photoshop
- Passing photos from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Handling software version mismatches
- Viewing and organizing Photoshop-edited photos in Lightroom
- Creating Lightroom presets for external editing
- Using Lightroom with Photoshop Elements
- Building a panorama with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Passing multiple photos to Photoshop for compositing
- Sending photos to Photoshop for retouching and removing content
- Bringing photos into Photoshop to add text and graphics