Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Passing photos to Photoshop with presets, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together.
- View Offline
If you have been following along with me through the course, you know that when…you pass a raw file from Lightroom to Photoshop for further editing, the file…is rendered into a pixel-based image, one that you can work with in a pixel…editor like Photoshop.…The type of file that is passed from Lightroom to Photoshop, and ultimately the…type of file that ends up in your Lightroom catalog, is determined by which set…of file options you choose for a Lightroom to Photoshop handoff.…There is the default set of options that's applied when you press Cmd+E on…the Mac or Ctrl+ E on the PC to start the hand off, but if you like, you can…create multiple additional sets of file options for passing files from Lightroom…to Photoshop, and you can choose one of those instead.…
In the last movie, we created one of those additional external editing sets of…file options for Photoshop, and in this movie, we are going to apply that…preset to a raw file.…As I do that you'll see that the workflow with a raw file is the same whether…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. The course begins with details on how to set up the two programs for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats, sending them from Lightroom to Photoshop to viewing the edited results in Lightroom. The final chapter demonstrates several real-world scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop together.
- Setting the Lightroom preferences for editing in Photoshop
- Passing photos from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Handling software version mismatches
- Viewing and organizing Photoshop-edited photos in Lightroom
- Creating Lightroom presets for external editing
- Using Lightroom with Photoshop Elements
- Building a panorama with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Passing multiple photos to Photoshop for compositing
- Sending photos to Photoshop for retouching and removing content
- Bringing photos into Photoshop to add text and graphics