Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Passing photos to Elements with presets, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together.
- View Offline
In the last movie, we took a look at how to create an additional external editor…preset for passing a file from Lightroom to Photoshop Elements.…Now let's apply that preset to this image.…This is a raw fil,e opened here in my Lightroom Develop module.…As always, I want to optimize the appearance of the file here.…One of the things I'd like to fix is the slightly blue tone in this image, which…you often get when you photograph in snow.…I am going to take this eyedropper in the white balance section of the basic…panel in Lightroom, and I'll move into an area of the snow that I think should…be neutral, and I'll click. And that did warm up the entire image.…
So this is how it was, and here it is with that one change, and then I might…tweak some of these other sliders too.…Now that I've got the file looking the way that I wanted, I'm going to take it…over to Elements to apply a special effect that I happen to know is in Elements…and is something that I could not get here in Lightroom.…So I'll go up to the Photo menu, and I'll go down to Edit In, and here in the…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. The course begins with details on how to set up the two programs for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats, sending them from Lightroom to Photoshop to viewing the edited results in Lightroom. The final chapter demonstrates several real-world scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop together.
- Setting the Lightroom preferences for editing in Photoshop
- Passing photos from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Handling software version mismatches
- Viewing and organizing Photoshop-edited photos in Lightroom
- Creating Lightroom presets for external editing
- Using Lightroom with Photoshop Elements
- Building a panorama with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Passing multiple photos to Photoshop for compositing
- Sending photos to Photoshop for retouching and removing content
- Bringing photos into Photoshop to add text and graphics