Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Passing non-raw photos from Lightroom to Photoshop, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together.
- View Offline
In the last chapter we focused on starting with raw files, adjusting them in…Lightroom, and moving them to Photoshop for further editing.…In this chapter we'll look at starting that workflow with pixel-based images,…rather than raw files.…This movie is an overview of the subject, in the rest of the movies in this…chapter, we'll dive into the details of the three workflows I'll introduce here…for editing pixel-based images in Lightroom and Photoshop together.…What do I mean by pixel-based images?…Lightroom supports three pixel-based formats: PSD, which stands for Photoshop…Document, Photoshop's proprietary format, TIFF, and JPEG.…
I'll use PSDs as examples in these movies.…When I start with a pixel-based image, like this PSD, the adjustments that I…apply to it in Lightroom are nondestructive, as we saw that they are for a raw file.…In fact, all Lightroom adjustments are just nondestructive instructions, they…don't change actual pixels.…So if I go to the basic panel and I drag some of these sliders, I'm not changing…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. The course begins with details on how to set up the two programs for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats, sending them from Lightroom to Photoshop to viewing the edited results in Lightroom. The final chapter demonstrates several real-world scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop together.
- Setting the Lightroom preferences for editing in Photoshop
- Passing photos from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Handling software version mismatches
- Viewing and organizing Photoshop-edited photos in Lightroom
- Creating Lightroom presets for external editing
- Using Lightroom with Photoshop Elements
- Building a panorama with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Passing multiple photos to Photoshop for compositing
- Sending photos to Photoshop for retouching and removing content
- Bringing photos into Photoshop to add text and graphics