Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Panorama, part of Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Panoramas lend themselves really nicely…to black and white.…Because black and white is often used…for landscape photography.…So in the case of these images,…I've got a few from a trip I took…to Death Valley and this crazy sky.…As we were driving through the mountains here…it was snowing, we came out the other side it was raining…and we got to where I took the shot from…and it was about 80 degrees.…All within the window of maybe 45 minutes.…So, really wild series of shots…and I didn't have a lens that could capture them all.…So what I want to do is I want to stitch them together…and make it a really dramatic black and white.…
It's a dramatic color image,…I'm telling you it's an even better black and white.…Now it used to be that I needed to…hand those over to Photoshop and assemble them there…but as we've seen, you can do really cool…black and white adjustments here.…So now we're actually able to do those here in Lightroom…and it's just as easy as it was with HDR.…I'm going to Shift click on those images…and I'm going to purposely convert it…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Foundations of Photography: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 4m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.