Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of the new Map module, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So far in this chapter, we've been focusing in on how we can manage and…organize our photographs using the library module.…And next what I want to do in this chapter is continue that conversation and talk…about how we can do some similar things by working with what's called the map module.…The map module allows us to group images together based on geographic or GPS information.…So let's go ahead and take a look at how we can begin to work with the map module.…To navigate to this module, click on the Map button, which is located right here.…When you click on that, it will take you to the module, and it will show you a…google map version of the world. And in this case, you can see it's focused…in on the town where I live, which is Santa Barbara, California.…
Now, you can change the view of the map by clicking on this icon right here.…You'll notice we have a number of different options.…You can click through those. There also are some really handy…shortcuts, which you can use. On a Mac, press Cmd + 1-6.…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.