Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing your library with collections, part of Up and Running with Lightroom 4.
A Collection is a virtual grouping of photos.…A Collection can contain photos that are located in different folders on your hard drive.…The photos don't have to be all on the same place.…And including a photo in the Collection, doesn't move it from it's original location, …it just creates a pointer to the files wherever they originally reside.…And that means that you can have the same photo in more than one collection.…Let me show you what I mean.…Let's say I am starting to make a Collection of all the photos I can find…throughout my Library that have boats in them. Maybe because I plan to make a…Photo Book of boat photos later.…
I've selected a folder in the Folders panel.…This folder of photos that were shot in Crested Butte in 2010.…Among those photos are two that contain boats.…So I'm going to select both of the boat photos.…I have one selected here, I'll hold the Cmd key, that's the Ctrl key on a PC …and I'll select this one too.…And I'm going to create a new Collection that contains these two boat photos.…
- What is Lightroom used for?
- Importing photos and videos
- Organizing your library with collections
- Adding keywords and ratings to photos
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adjusting color and white balance
- Reducing digital noise
- Working with video
- Making changes with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Sharing photos on Facebook
- Printing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos and Video
2. Managing Photos and Video in the Library Module
3. Editing Photos in the Develop Module
4. Correcting Part of a Photo
Removing spots4m 44s
5. Sharing and Printing Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.