Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing your existing files before importing, part of Learning Lightroom 4.
There are two sources of photos that you might bring into Lightroom;…new items from your digital camera, which I'll cover later in this chapter or…existing ones from a computer drive.…Let's talk about how to organize your existing photos and videos on a drive for…import into Lightroom.…In this movie we're not going to be using Exercise Files, instead I want to show you…how to bring files of your own into your main Lightroom catalog when it's time…for you to do that with your personal photos.…Before you import anything into Lightroom, I strongly suggest that you go out…to all of your various computer drives and gather your photos, the photos that…you want to bring into Lightroom as well as your video clips and put all of those into one folder.…
You may not want to take the time to do that now but believe me it will save you time later.…Because if the drive on which you put that one single folder with all of your…assets gets full, you're going to have to move those assets to another drive and…
- What is Lightroom used for?
- Importing photos and videos
- Organizing your library with collections
- Adding keywords and ratings to photos
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adjusting color and white balance
- Reducing digital noise
- Working with video
- Making changes with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Sharing photos on Facebook
- Printing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos and Video
2. Managing Photos and Video in the Library Module
3. Editing Photos in the Develop Module
4. Correcting Part of a Photo
Removing spots4m 44s
5. Sharing and Printing Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.