Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Opening as layers in Photoshop from Lightroom, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together.
- View Offline
In this movie we are going to take a look at the last command in the Photo > Edit In…menu in Lightroom, Open as Layers in Photoshop.…You could use this command to take multiple images from Lightroom, and bring them…into Photoshop into a single file, and you might do that for many purposes.…Maybe you want to make a layered composite or put together some bracketed…exposures of the same scene.…In this case I'm going to show you a very unique technique in Photoshop for…taking multiple images, each of which has a different point of focus and all of…which have a shallow depth of field, and blend them together so that it looks…like you have one single image with an extended depth of field.…
Well, why you would want to do that?…It's because when you're shooting photos the available light sometimes…forces you to open you F stop so wide that you can't capture the depth of…field that you would like.…So this is a work around for that situation.…When you are shooting with this technique in mind, I suggest you put your photo…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. The course begins with details on how to set up the two programs for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats, sending them from Lightroom to Photoshop to viewing the edited results in Lightroom. The final chapter demonstrates several real-world scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop together.
- Setting the Lightroom preferences for editing in Photoshop
- Passing photos from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Handling software version mismatches
- Viewing and organizing Photoshop-edited photos in Lightroom
- Creating Lightroom presets for external editing
- Using Lightroom with Photoshop Elements
- Building a panorama with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Passing multiple photos to Photoshop for compositing
- Sending photos to Photoshop for retouching and removing content
- Bringing photos into Photoshop to add text and graphics