Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Noise reduction and grain addition, part of Lightroom: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Instructor] Alright, we talked about sharpening.…Let's talk about getting rid of noise and adding noise,…which are two totally different sides…of the same thing here.…So, the first thing we'll start with is a noisy image…and we'll get the noise out.…And the next thing we'll talk about…is bringing in artifacts.…They both have their place.…So, first image here is taken with a phone…in very low light.…And what happens when you do that…is you generate a lot of noise.…Now the good news is cameras generate less noise than ever.…The bad news is they capture images…in lower light than ever.…
So, noise is still prevalent.…It is still a problem.…If I zoom in here, sure enough,…we can see all of the noise hiding in here,…especially in the shadows.…So, let's pop back out.…Let's go D for the develop module.…And right here in the same area is sharpening…and details how we're going to get rid of the noise.…And let's go ahead and just use our little loop tool here…and put that on the area that we want to work with.…So, the benefit to using this loop…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
Lightroom CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Chris Orwig5h 59m Beginner
Learning Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CCwith Jan Kabili5h 14m Beginner
Lightroom and Photoshop: Workflow Strategieswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes2h 23m Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.