Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving and renaming items, part of Up and Running with Lightroom 4.
You may run into a situation from time to time where the link between your…catalog and some of the files or folders that you have imported into the…Lightroom catalog breaks.…In that case, you'll see a question mark on the affected thumbnails out here …in the Image window and sometimes on folders in the Folders panels as well.…In this movie I want to show you why that happens, how you can avoid it, …and in the event that it does happen, how tofix it so you really don't have …to worry about it, it is a fixable issue.…Here's how it happens.…You remember that Lightroom is a database which means that it doesn't really…contain any photos, it just has records of photos with links out to those…photos wherever they live.…
That maybe on your computer or on an external drive.…If you move files from where Lightroom thinks they live then the link will be…broken so if you go out to your operating system and either move or …rename a file then that would break the link.…Or if you keep your files on an external hard drive, which I think is a good idea,…
- What is Lightroom used for?
- Importing photos and videos
- Organizing your library with collections
- Adding keywords and ratings to photos
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adjusting color and white balance
- Reducing digital noise
- Working with video
- Making changes with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Sharing photos on Facebook
- Printing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos and Video
2. Managing Photos and Video in the Library Module
3. Editing Photos in the Develop Module
4. Correcting Part of a Photo
Removing spots4m 44s
5. Sharing and Printing Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.