Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying Adjustment Brush edits, part of Lightroom: 2015 Creative Cloud Updates.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this movie, I wanna highlight…a small yet helpful new feature…when it comes to working with the Adjustment brush.…In this image, what I wanna do is darken up the hourglass,…that Russell Brown here is holding.…And to do that, we're going to paint in the effect…into this area of the image…using the Adjustment brush.…Tap the K key to select the Adjustment brush,…or just click on it here in the tool strip.…Next from the Effect pull down menu,…let's choose Highlights.…This gives us a value for our highlights,…and we're going to decrease that value…all the way to negative 100.…
Next, we'll go ahead and choose…our brush options down below.…We wanna choose a brush where we can add or paint this in.…We need a brush; this brush size…looks about good right there.…We want nice soft edges,…so we'll increase our feather value…and bring up the flow a little bit too.…Next, I'm just going to start to paint…over the hourglass, which Russell Brown is holding here.…And this hourglass is transparent,…so you can't really see it,…
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Library Module: Face Recognition
2. Library Module: Photo Merge
3. Library Module: Workflow
4. Develop Module: Image Enhancements
5. Slideshow and Web Modules
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.