Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Mobile black and white: Photoshop Mix and Photoshop Express, part of Lightroom and Photoshop: Black-and-White Photography.
- Okay, we've talked about some…really incredible software on the desktop.…I want to talk about a application…that's going to let you do a lot…of what we've talked about in a mobile environment.…But with in terms of compositing,…and more importantly, black and white.…And that's this application called Photoshop Mix.…And Photoshop Mix is a really neat app.…It runs on iOS, so it'll run on your phone or your iPad.…Its a free application.…I think one of the most powerful things about it,…is that it can reach out to your files…wherever they happen to be.…
So Facebook, Dropbox, your files on Lightroom,…Lightroom mobile, your PSDs, TIFFs, PNGs,…on Creative Cloud, or of course…whatever happens to be local as well.…So the way that it works is I have…all these projects that I've been working on.…Everything I work on is stored in a project file,…and I can always revisit those.…So let's take this image for example.…If I come in here to this image,…it looks like I don't really have a ton of choices.…
I can adjust only a few things.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 4m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.