Join Tim Grey for an in-depth discussion in this video Merge folders, part of Cleaning Up Your Mess in Lightroom Classic CC.
- [Voiceover] In most cases, when I have a set of photos…that belong together, I want all of those photos…in a single folder.…In this case, for example, I have a set of folders…representing individual days on a road trip, and really,…I'd rather have all of the photos in a single folder.…In the parent folder here called "Southwest Road Trip."…At the time, it seemed like a good idea to have…individual folders for individual days, but keep in mind…that I can always filter my images based on the date…of capture, and so it's not especially helpful…to have individual folders for individual dates.…
And of course, this is just one example.…You may have a variety of different situations…where you want to consolidate photos from multiple folders…into a single folder.…So in this case, it relates to individual day folders…for a single trip, but you might have other circumstances…where you want to consolidate images into a single folder,…and fortunately, the process is very simple.…I'll go ahead and hide the library filter here,…
- Defining your real workflow
- Taking inventory
- Backing up all your catalogs
- Locating missing photos and folders
- Consolidating catalogs
- Renaming photos and folders
- Correcting metadata, including keywords and timestamps
- Migrating to a new hard drive
- Being consistent going forward
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Concepts and Preparation
2. Cleaning Up
3. Correcting Metadata
4. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.