Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Matching color settings, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together.
- View Offline
I'd like to have the colors in the files that I move in between Lightroom and…Photoshop to look as similar as they can at all stages of my Lightroom Photoshop…workflows, and to help with that I'm going to set the Color settings here in…Photoshop to match those that I set earlier in this chapter for the way that…files will open from Lightroom into Photoshop.…And if you remember, I chose the Adobe RGB color space for that purpose.…So here in Photoshop I'm going to do the same thing.…I'll go to the Edit menu and I'll go down to Color Settings.…
Here, I'll go to the Working Spaces section and I'm interested in just the RGB working space.…I'd like that to match that one that I chose back in Lightroom's External…Editing preferences, so I'll click on this menu and here you can see I have some…of the same choices I had there.…The narrow sRGB color space, the very wide ProPhoto RGB color space, and the…Adobe RGB color space, the one that I chose back in Lightroom's External Editing…preferences. So I'll set this to the Adobe RGB color space too, and I'll click…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. The course begins with details on how to set up the two programs for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats, sending them from Lightroom to Photoshop to viewing the edited results in Lightroom. The final chapter demonstrates several real-world scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop together.
- Setting the Lightroom preferences for editing in Photoshop
- Passing photos from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Handling software version mismatches
- Viewing and organizing Photoshop-edited photos in Lightroom
- Creating Lightroom presets for external editing
- Using Lightroom with Photoshop Elements
- Building a panorama with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Passing multiple photos to Photoshop for compositing
- Sending photos to Photoshop for retouching and removing content
- Bringing photos into Photoshop to add text and graphics