Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Making Smart Collections and Quick Collections, part of Up and Running with Lightroom 3.
Now let's make another kind of collection, a Smart Collection.…A Smart Collection is populated with photos automatically, based on rules that you set up.…All photos in the current Lightroom catalog that meet those rules will…automatically be included in the Smart Collection.…And if you add another photo that meets the same rules, it will automatically be…added to that Smart Collection too.…Lightroom comes with a few preset Smart Collections.…To see those, I'll go down to the Collections panel and click the arrow to the…left of Smart Collections.…And here I can see that one of the preset Smart Collections is Five Stars.…
If I click on that Smart Collection, you can see that it contains all the photos…in my catalog which I've rated with five stars.…I'm going to go up to the Catalog panel and click on All Photographs, and I'm…going to add five stars to another photo, maybe this photo right here.…I'll click on the fifth dot here to add five stars,…and then I'm going to collapse the Catalog panel so there is more room to see…
- Understanding Lightroom catalogs
- Importing photos from multiple sources
- Organizing photos with ratings, keywords, and collections
- Working with virtual copies
- Making basic corrections to photo color and tone
- Making local photo edits with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Removing spots from multiple photos at once
- Reducing digital noise and sharpening
- Cropping and straightening
- Printing and exporting edited photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
2. Organizing Photos
3. Learning the Basics of the Develop Module
4. Making Basic Photo Corrections
5. Correcting Part of a Photo
6. Photo Finishing
7. Sharing Your Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.