Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Localized masking portrait project, part of Lightroom Classic CC 2015 New Features.
- [Instructor] So far we have taken a look at…how we can use these new masking features…with landscape photographs, but these features are…applicable to so many different types…of photography including portraits.…So let's work on a portrait here.…With this image if I zoom out for a minute,…you can see the whole image.…This is the photograph as it appears…straight out of the camera.…What I want to do is two things or three things.…I want to work on the background,…brighten up the skin tones here,…and then brighten up the face as well.…Let's start with the background.…
You know whenever you want to make a big adjustment,…the graduated filter's a good one to reach for.…What I'm thinking I'll do is add some dehaze.…I want a little more texture back there,…maybe a little bit of clarity and then some tint.…I want to change the color that we have.…And I'm going to exaggerate for a moment…just so that you can see this effect.…So as I click and drag over the image,…what we can see if we zoom back in, is that we have…this affecting the background,…
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 02/05/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie, "Boundary Warp for better pano photos."
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new localized masking, color masking on a landscape, luminance masking on a landscape, and localized masking.
1. Library Module: Face Recognition
2. Library Module: Photo Merge
3. Library Module: Workflow
4. Develop Module: Image Enhancements
5. Slideshow and Web Modules
6. Develop Module: Selective Adjustments
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.