Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Localized image editing, part of Introduction to Photography: Lightroom and Photoshop.
- It's not practical for me to cover all…of Photoshop's functionality in this course…and if I did it would likely just overwhelm you.…Also, I'm assuming you're starting your workflow…in Lightroom, and as I said before,…you can use Lightroom to do most of what you need to do.…All of that contrast and color correction stuff…you saw in Lightroom, you can do all of that in Photoshop…and you can do it all in several different ways.…Photoshop provides many different color correction tools…because some of those tools are better…for certain types of problems than others,…but you'll probably do most of those corrections…in Lightroom.…
If you're coming into Photoshop,…it's to do some things that Lightroom can't do.…Lightroom has the ability to apply edits…to just part of an image,…but I feel like Photoshop's facilities in that regard…are much stronger.…Most of the time, if I'm coming into Photoshop…it's because I need to make local adjustments…or I need to alter the image at a pixel level.…Here's what I mean by local adjustments.…
Where to begin learning tools like these? Right here. In this course, photographer, author, and educator Ben Long introduces the concepts and creative options behind photographic post-processing. From fixing problems to retouching, Ben shows how to do it, without overdoing it, with Lightroom, Photoshop, and the Adobe mobile apps.
- Importing and organizing images in Lightroom
- Rating images in Lightroom
- Adjusting images in Lightroom
- Retouching in Photoshop
- Making pixel-level edits in Photoshop
- Syncing and editing images in Lightroom mobile