- [Instructor] Now let's take a look at how we can sync photos from Lightroom Classic up to Lightroom CC, or what I like to call the northbound sync. The easiest way to sync photos from Classic to Lightroom CC is to first put them in a collection. So I'll create a new collection by clicking on the button here, and then I'll just create a collection that I call my favorites. And I don't want to put it in a collection set. I don't want to include selected photos yet. Then we'll say Create. So I have a new collection with zero photos. I need to go back up to my folders and find some of these travel photos. The travel photos are not currently part of the ecosystem. So we'll grab a couple of these. It really doesn't matter what it is for this demonstration purposes, but I'll just grab a couple, handful of different photos, and put them into the favorites folder or the favorites collection. Now that we have these images, I have four images in this favorites collection. We can turn this collection on to sync with Lightroom CC. Look real close on the left-hand side here. These collections that came from Lightroom CC have these icons. That icon says, oh, this collection is already synced. If I click in that space, that turns on the sync of this new collection with Lightroom CC. And if you have a good internet connection, those images will start showing up in Lightroom CC on a mobile device. I'm going to switch to my iPad. The favorites collection that I just created in Lightroom Classic is now showing up here on my iPad. If I tap on this album favorites, we'll see the four images that I added. Now, what we're seeing here on the iPad are Smart Previews. The original raw images still reside on the hard drive where Lightroom Classic is.
- What is the Lightroom ecosystem?
- Managing image files
- Managing the ecosystem with Lightroom on the web
- Avoiding accidental deletion of your photos
- Syncing Lightroom Classic with the Lightroom ecosystem
- Benefits of the Lightroom mobile app
- Editing in Lightroom
- Sharing and publishing web galleries