Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Lightroom and Camera Raw: Similar but different, part of Lightroom and Photoshop CC Photography Workflow Strategies.
- Okay, let's talk about some of the power…of the develop module.…And I'm going to choose this RAW file right here.…You can choose any RAW or non-RAW file.…Of course, using a RAW file is going to…give you the most flexibility and fidelity.…Now, the develop module is a very…deep area of Lightroom.…It's where all of the power of Lightroom is.…In fact, I've devoted a course just to it,…it's called Lightroom Insider Training:…Mastering the Develop Module.…So if you want to go really deep on this,…I suggest you check that out.…But I want to give you a quick tour…and explain sort of how this works…compared to the camer-ra plug-in in photoshop.…
Which actually is the same underlying engine,…same controls it's just laid out…in a different way and in lightroom,…it's much more flexible and easy to…share settings among multiple files…Now, as before, I could come in here…and I could apply any preset that I want.…And presets are great because they give you…a good point to start.…I could just roll over these and…I could see the effects.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Bryan O'Neil Hughes describes a modern photographic workflow that pairs Photoshop with Lightroom. Learn the differences between a Bridge and ACR workflow and a Lightroom workflow, and see how to take advantage of Lightroom's features to work more efficiently.
And because the world is going mobile, Bryan also shares insights into where Lightroom for mobile fits into today's photographic workflow.
- Capturing images
- Importing images in Lightroom
- Working with HDR images and panoramas
- Developing photos in Lightroom vs. Camera Raw
- Getting the most from Photoshop's tools
- Going beyond the desktop with Adobe mobile apps, CC Libraries, and Behance
- Putting it all together in a streamlined workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshopwith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 39m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Capture: It's All About the Input
Capture has changed1m 15s
2. Lightroom Import and Library
3. Lightroom Develop
4. Photoshop's Role
5. Beyond the Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.