- View Offline
- Preferences for image management
- Catalog settings
- Backing up with Export
- Importing, reviewing, and organizing images
- Image filtering
- Locking the Library Filter
- Dealing with offline images
Skill Level Beginner
- Hello, I'm Tim Grey, and I'll be your trainer for this video training title aimed at helping you keep your digital photos managed with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. For about the last 15 years, I've been keeping very busy writing books and magazine articles, leading photography workshops, and speaking at events all aimed at helping photographers make the most of their images. More recently, I've been producing video training titles with the help of video2brain, aimed at helping photographers improve their photography and their digital workflow. In this video workshop, I'm going to personally guide you through a full image management workflow in Lightroom.
We'll start off with an overview of Lightroom and some guidance on finding your way around and configuring the various options and settings. Then I'll show you the various methods you can use for bringing images into the Lightroom catalog based on specific workflow scenarios. We'll then take a detailed look at the methods you can use to review your images and identify your favorites, add information about the subject of the photo, keyword your images, and much more. Naturally, the main reason to organize your photos is to be able to find specific images later. I'll show you how you can apply quick filters for simple situations, as well as how to use advanced filtering for more complicated situations.
You'll even learn how to view your images on a map, and how to update the location for photos, even if they didn't originally include GPS location information. My aim in this video workshop isn't just to help you learn how to use Lightroom. Instead, I want to help you feel confident in your overall image management workflow. I will feel I've done my best job if after viewing the lessons in this video workshop, you feel confident in your image management workflow, and you're able to find the photos you need when you need them. So let's get started together to help you organize your digital photos.