Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Library overview, differences from Bridge, and tips and tricks, part of Lightroom and Photoshop: Photography Workflow Strategies.
- Okay, so here we are in Lightroom's library and…I think the best way to explain some of the advantages here…is to just sort of walk you through…what we're able to do and…sort of how things work.…So if I choose an image,…you see that I get a nice navigator here on the left.…If you ever end up in a situation where you find…that you're seeing fewer of your photos than you want to,…it's probably because you're in your previous import…rather than all of your photographs.…That's an easy one to step into.…As I mentioned before, when we're importing our images…our folder tree is completely respected when we come in here…so I brought in the exercise files…and those had a series of subfolders.…
So I can still navigate things by folder…as I do with the operating system or Bridge.…So having gone through those, at this point…I want to be able to see more of my images.…So I'm going to click this triangle on the far left…and now I've got that much more screen real estate.…The way that Lightroom works is…that you got your quick controls on the left…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Bryan O'Neil Hughes describes a modern photographic workflow that pairs Photoshop with Lightroom. Learn the differences between a Bridge and ACR workflow and a Lightroom workflow, and see how to take advantage of Lightroom's features to work more efficiently.
And because the world is going mobile, Bryan also shares insights into where Lightroom for mobile fits into today's photographic workflow.
- Capturing images
- Importing images in Lightroom
- Working with HDR images and panoramas
- Developing photos in Lightroom vs. Camera Raw
- Getting the most from Photoshop's tools
- Going beyond the desktop with Adobe mobile apps, CC Libraries, and Behance
- Putting it all together in a streamlined workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Capture: It's All About the Input
Capture has changed1m 15s
2. Lightroom Import and Library
3. Lightroom Develop
4. Photoshop's Role
5. Beyond the Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.