Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Lens correction and perspective control, part of Lightroom Classic CC 2015: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Instructor] I mentioned before that every image…needs a little bit of sharpening.…And so we apply sharpening by default on the images…and it's something we don't have to worry about…unless we want to have more of it.…Another thing that all images need some form of…is lens correction.…Because all images are somewhat distorted.…This is less prevalent in something…like what you see here.…Which I shot with a 50 millimeter lens.…Very similar to what your eye sees.…As opposed to something of like what we see here.…And this was shot with…not only a 24 millimeter lens which is pretty wide…but a 24 millimeter zoom lens…which is trying to do a lot of different things.…
And so distortion is a bigger problem.…So if I hit D and we move into the develop module,…I'm going to show you how easy it is to fix this.…If you look at it, it's pretty obvious…that there's something wrong.…The edges are all sort of bending.…Well, in lens correction,…right underneath sharpening there,…I'm just going to enable…profile corrections.…And a lot changes about this image.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom Classic CC to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.