Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Layers and masks, part of Lightroom and Photoshop CC Photography Workflow Strategies.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Layers and masking are also another…very popular workflow in Photoshop.…And so let me show you a couple of different things…to know about passing files from Lightroom to Photoshop,…and respecting layers.…So, as we know, if we took any image,…we could send it over to Smart Object,…we could send it over as a flat file.…The other thing we could do is…we could select an individual image…or multiple images...…And we have some different options,…one of them is Open as Layers in Photoshop.…So if I select that, what's going to happen is…Lightroom will launch Photoshop,…and the images will come in as layers…in the same document.…
So I could toggle off the foreground here…and we see that we have two different sized images…that are both layers.…Now I actually want to use some masking…and combine those two, and I'll show you…the other workflow to do that.…I could work from these images,…but let's look at one other way of doing it.…So I'm just going to close this and not save it.…And let's first send over this image of the building.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Bryan O'Neil Hughes describes a modern photographic workflow that pairs Photoshop with Lightroom. Learn the differences between a Bridge and ACR workflow and a Lightroom workflow, and see how to take advantage of Lightroom's features to work more efficiently.
And because the world is going mobile, Bryan also shares insights into where Lightroom for mobile fits into today's photographic workflow.
- Capturing images
- Importing images in Lightroom
- Working with HDR images and panoramas
- Developing photos in Lightroom vs. Camera Raw
- Getting the most from Photoshop's tools
- Going beyond the desktop with Adobe mobile apps, CC Libraries, and Behance
- Putting it all together in a streamlined workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshopwith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 39m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Capture: It's All About the Input
Capture has changed1m 15s
2. Lightroom Import and Library
3. Lightroom Develop
4. Photoshop's Role
5. Beyond the Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.