Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Layer masks, part of Lightroom Classic CC 2015 and Photoshop: Black-and-White Photography.
- Earlier we looked at some of Photoshop's…brush based tools and how that's…really something unique to Photoshop.…Well, the same is true of using layers and layer masks.…Let me show you how this works.…So, Photoshop has a bunch of selection tools,…all sorts of different ones.…One of my favorites is the Quick Select Tool.…I think a lot of people don't take it seriously…because of its name, but it works really well.…Here's how you do it.…You just start clicking on the image,…dragging it around and at some point…you're going to select areas that…you don't want, and that's okay.…
I just want to get this little square in the middle.…After I've made my selection,…I'm going to use the option or alt key…to tell it what I don't want.…And what's unique about Quick Select…is it's learning about my selection as I go.…It's learning more and more…about what I do and do not want…so if I come back and I shift click on this…lower corner here, it knows that I…don't want that other piece next to it.…And in a moment or two I can quickly get…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.