Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to software for tethering, part of Tethered Shooting Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- When it comes to software there's a lot…of different solutions on the market,…and how you reach a decision is gonna be…a long somewhat convoluted path.…One of the things I highly recommend…is to take advantage of trial software.…You see different cameras and different operating systems…are all gonna affect your ability to tether.…For example, if I'm using a Sony camera,…and I wanna tether with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom,…I can't, unless I pick up a dedicated third party plugin,…and then all of a sudden I can make it work.…
Of course Sony has their own free software…that I can install and that works quite well,…but maybe you you wanna actually…have more feature rich tools.…You see there's lots of different options.…Some tethering options, particularly those…from the manufacturer, will make it very easy…to make adjustments in the camera controls.…So as the shots start piping in to the computer…and you're evaluating them, you can make changes…to the sensitivity of the ISO,…or maybe change the way that the flash is firing,…
These techniques work well both in the studio and in the field, so you'll be prepared for all tethered shooting scenarios.
- The benefits and drawbacks of tethered shooting
- Creating a stable platform
- Tethering the camera
- Building a tethered station
- Tethering with Lightroom, Aperture, and more
- Choosing a wireless memory card
- Connecting a CamRanger
- Shooting with a GoPro
- Tethering with software
Skill Level Beginner
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Shooting with Wireless Flash: Product Shotswith Jim Sugar39m 34s Intermediate
1.What Is Tethered Shooting?
2. The Shooting Environment
3. Tethering the Camera
4. Building the Tethered Station
5. Software Solutions for Tethering
6. Shooting Wireless
Choosing a card1m 54s
7. Shooting Wireless with a CamRanger
8. Wireless Shooting with GoPro Cameras
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.