One last thing to check to ensure that your favorites are the best images from the shoot, is to check for image sharpness. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how.
- [Instructor] One last thing that I like to do…before I move into editing mode, is do a quality check,…just to make sure that these images are up to snuff.…I've been looking at thumbnails,…I've been looking in browser mode,…but have I really looked closely at the eyes?…And as we know in portraits, eyes are very important.…So in Lightroom that's very easy to do.…That's where I am right now.…I just double tap there to open that up…and when I do that I get the magnifier.…So I just click on it.…Take a look at the eyes.…
That one's really nice, no problem there.…I'm just gonna stay in magnifier mode…and hit the arrow key.…That one looks good.…Pretty good there too.…Nope, now this one's a little soft,…you see, and I did not notice that…when I was in browsing mode before.…So what I'll come down, I'll just flag it.…I'll just click on that flag right there.…I don't have to leave this mode or do anything right now.…I'll just flag it, go to the next one.…We're fine there.…
We'll wait for this one to render.…That one's nice.…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.