Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving a portrait with the Graduated Filter Brush, part of Lightroom CC 2015 New Features.
- Sometimes one of the best ways to learn…about a new feature is to learn about it…within the context of a workflow.…And that's what we're gonna do here.…We'll be working with this portrait…that I captured of my daughter and her best friend.…What I wanna do is zoom in on this image a little bit,…so that we can see it better.…We're gonna begin with this project in the Basic panel.…Here I'm going to increase the Exposure,…and also add a little bit of Contrast there.…I'm also going to brighten up my Shadows.…What I'm looking to do is to make sure…the subjects look great here,…yet in doing that you can see that the background…has become a bit too bright.…
So what we're gonna do next is work with…the Graduated Filter in order to fix that.…Let's select the Graduated Filter…by clicking on its icon in the tool strip,…next from the Effect pull-down menu…just choose Exposure.…That will reset all of the other sliders…and give you a value for Exposure.…Let's bring our Exposure slider down a little bit.…The Temperature let's bring up just a touch here,…
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 02/05/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie, "Boundary Warp for better pano photos."
Lightroom CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Chris Orwig5h 59m Beginner
Learning Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CCwith Jan Kabili5h 14m Beginner
Lightroom: Creating Panoramaswith Richard Harrington2h 58m Advanced
1. Library Module: Face Recognition
2. Library Module: Photo Merge
3. Library Module: Workflow
4. Develop Module: Image Enhancements
5. Slideshow and Web Modules
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.