Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Improvements to the Crop tool, part of Lightroom 3 New Features.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
While we have previously talked about the crop presets and overlays, the Crop…tool itself has gotten a bit better inside of Lightroom 3.…Let's go ahead and navigate to the Crop tool.…The shortcut is the R key.…So go ahead and press the R key.…Well, this takes us to the Crop tool in the Develop module.…Now one of the things that you notice here is that this image has been cropped…pretty significantly. A lot of the image has been removed there or has been…cropped out in order to change the overall composition.…
Let's go ahead and reset the crop.…We can do that a few different ways.…The first way that we can do this is simply by clicking on the Reset button and…of course here's a shortcut for resetting the crop.…On a Mac, that would be Option+ Command+R. On a PC, the same shortcut is…Alt+Ctr+R. So let's go ahead and reset that crop.…Well now we can see the image as it was captured.…Now, one of the things that we can do, which is new to Lightroom 3, is create a…crop in a unique way.…
Currently, my Aspect Ratio is locked down.…
- Importing and managing photos and video clips
- Improving efficiency with enhanced collections
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction
- Mastering the enhanced adjustment brush, graduated filter, and vignette features
- Improving images with the Point Tone Curve
- Adding audio to slideshows
- Creating custom print packages
- Importing on-the-fly with tethered shooting
- Publishing photos to Flickr
- Publishing to a smart folder and smart photoset
- Upgrading Lightroom 2 catalogs and working with legacy images
- Making and working with creative watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Importing to the Library
2. Library Workflow
3. Exporting from the Library
Publishing to a folder5m 11s
4. Adjusting Image Quality in the Develop Module
5. The Slideshow Module
Adding audio to a slideshow5m 16s
6. Creating Custom Print Packages
7. Tethered Shooting
8. Working with Catalogs and Legacy Files
9. Additional Lightroom Enhancements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.