Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing from your hard drive, part of Learning Lightroom 3.
Chances are that you have photos, maybe lots of photos, that you have already…taken and that you would like to include in Lightroom.…This movie covers how to import photos that you've already offloaded from your…camera to your computer's hard drive, or even to an external drive.…This is similar to the technique that I covered in the last movie for importing…the exercise files for the course, but in this case, we will be importing your…personal photos into the default main Lightroom catalog.…Before you get started importing existing photos, it's really worth it to take…the time to organize them into folders.…
At the very least, decide where you are going to store all the photos that you…will be bringing into your Lightroom catalog and create one big folder there.…I will call that the umbrella folder.…Putting all your Lightroom photos, existing ones and those you shoot in the…future, into this one umbrella folder will make it easier if you have to move…them all to another drive when the drive you are using gets full.…
- Understanding Lightroom catalogs
- Importing photos from multiple sources
- Organizing photos with ratings, keywords, and collections
- Working with virtual copies
- Making basic corrections to photo color and tone
- Making local photo edits with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Removing spots from multiple photos at once
- Reducing digital noise and sharpening
- Cropping and straightening
- Printing and exporting edited photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
2. Organizing Photos
3. Learning the Basics of the Develop Module
4. Making Basic Photo Corrections
5. Correcting Part of a Photo
6. Photo Finishing
7. Sharing Your Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.