Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing the exercise files, part of Up and Running with Lightroom 4.
- View Offline
I prepared some Exercise Files to illustrate the lessons in this course.…If you're a Premium Subscriber to the lynda.com Online Training Library, you…have access to those Exercise Files.…If you don't have access to those Exercise Files, don't worry you can use your…own photos and a couple of video clips to follow along with all of the movies in this course.…In either case I suggest that you set up a separate Lightroom catalog as I show…you how to do in this movie for the photos that you're going to be using to work…through this course and that's whether you're using the official Exercise Files…or your own practice files.…
The reason I want you to have a separate catalog is so that you don't mix your…Exercise Files or your own practice files in with your personal work.…Having said that outside of this course, I do recommend that you use one main…catalog for all your own photos.…But now let's talk about how to use the Exercise Files.…Start by putting the Exercise Files folder on your desktop.…
- What is Lightroom used for?
- Importing photos and videos
- Organizing your library with collections
- Adding keywords and ratings to photos
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adjusting color and white balance
- Reducing digital noise
- Working with video
- Making changes with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Sharing photos on Facebook
- Printing photos