Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing to a collection and collection filtering, part of Lightroom Classic CC New Features.
- In this movie, I want to highlight a new feature…which allows us to take advantage…of working with collections…when we import our images and videos into Lightroom.…To show you how this feature works,…I'll be working in the library module.…And here I'll begin, by opening up the Collections panel…and next by creating a collection set.…Here I'll click on the + icon…and then choose Create Collection Set.…I'm gonna create one named Santa Barbara.…And then simply click Create.…Alright, well there it is, an empty collection set.…
The next thing I need to do,…is to bring in some images into Lightroom.…Here you can see the Chapter 03 folder,…at least mine is currently empty.…So I'm gonna bring over some photographs.…To do that, I'll click on the import button,…which will open up our import dialogue.…Next, I need to define a source.…Well I have a folder of images…sitting on my desktop named Santa Barbara.…These are some photographs that I captured…in downtown Santa Barbara…when I was testing out a camera and lens.…And what I want to do is bring those over to a new location…
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 02/05/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie, "Boundary Warp for better pano photos."
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new localized masking, color masking on a landscape, luminance masking on a landscape, and localized masking.
1. Library Module: Face Recognition
2. Library Module: Photo Merge
3. Library Module: Workflow
4. Develop Module: Image Enhancements
5. Slideshow and Web Modules
6. Develop Module: Selective Adjustments
Color masking on a landscape3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.