When working with a picture of a person, skin tones can easily stand out if they don’t look right. As someone who is also a fellow human, you are used to looking at skin tone; if it isn't balanced, the problem is easily noticeable. Richard Harrington walks through adjusting skin tones so they look right in Adobe Lightroom.
- When working with a picture of a person,…skin tones often really stand out…if they don't look correct.…That's because as a fellow human,…you're really used to looking at skin tones,…and if they're not properly balanced,…you're likely going to notice.…Let's click on this next thumbnail here,…and I'll go to the single image view.…In this particular case,…the lighting of the situation…has got a greenish goldish cast.…Partially this is because of the environment she's in.…There's a lot of green vegetation around her,…but I'm also shooting in shade.…
Well, I chose the shade preset, but it's not quite right.…If we take a look at auto, that's closer,…and it's removed all of the color cast.…However, I don't like the fact that some of the green…that should be there based on the subject is gone.…Now we can try the eye dropper here,…but if you click on skin tones,…it doesn't really give you the results that you'd expect.…So you're going to need to look…for something in the scene that's white.…What I generally find is that I'll look at auto,…
- Sizing an image
- Fixing exposure problems
- Fixing an image that is too bright or too dark
- White balancing a photo
- Changing the color of an object
- Fixing red eye and dark circles
- Controlling focus, perspective, and backgrounds
- Blurring backgrounds
Skill Level Beginner
1. Sizing an Image
2. Exposure Problems
3. Color Problems
How do I fix skin tones?3m 26s
4. Retouching Problems
5. Controlling Focus, Perspective, and Backgrounds
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.