There are common problems that you will face when working with pictures of people. These problems range from a person who has acne, to someone with dark circles under their eyes, or to someone with red eye. In this video, Richard Harrington walks you through fixing the dark circles that can appear under a person’s eyes in Adobe Lightroom.
- Dark circles are a problem that often plague people,…because as we get older, or depending upon your skin type,…you'll start to shadows under the eye.…Not getting enough sleep…and ethnicity could really impact this,…and as a subject ages, the problem tends to get worse.…Well, I'd like to show you how to fix this in Lightroom,…as well as third party plugin that does a great job.…What we have here is a subject that's in his early 20s.…He doesn't suffer from too bad a dark shadows,…but I'd still like to tough it up just a little bit.…
We'll go here to the adjustment brush…and let's go back to the single view.…And with the adjustment brush,…I'm going to paint underneath the eye to make a selection.…Now, you might find this easier…if you take a look and actually see what you're selecting.…I've done auto mask here,…but I can turn that off.…But turn on the color so it's easier to see.…By temporarily using a color…that's contrasting with the skin,…you might have an easier time seeing what's being selected.…
There we go.…
- Sizing an image
- Fixing exposure problems
- Fixing an image that is too bright or too dark
- White balancing a photo
- Changing the color of an object
- Fixing red eye and dark circles
- Controlling focus, perspective, and backgrounds
- Blurring backgrounds
Skill Level Beginner
1. Sizing an Image
2. Exposure Problems
3. Color Problems
How do I fix skin tones?3m 26s
4. Retouching Problems
5. Controlling Focus, Perspective, and Backgrounds
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.