The size of an image can vary depending on where it is being shown. How do you best size an image so that you can share it on social media websites like Instagram, or make sure that it is properly sized for video? In this video, Richard Harrington walks through cropping an image to a specific ratio in Adobe Lightroom.
- Let's talk about sizing an image.…One of the questions I hear most often…is how do I crop to a specific ratio?…For example, maybe you need to put this…into a slide presentation,…or you're getting ready to drop it into a video…that's 16 by nine,…or a printed frame that's five by seven,…or one by one square image for something like instagram.…Well, let me show you.…Select an image that you'd like to work with.…Double-click to open it,…and go the Develop module.…You'll notice a tool right up here at the top.…
This is cropping.…When you click, you'll see the crop overlay.…Immediately below are controls for the tool.…You'll notice that the default is the original ratio.…This will force you to crop using the original shape…of the photo.…If you click the lock icon, now you can go…with any shape that you want, but ultimately,…you're likely going to want to stick with the preset.…You'll see here that you can choose sizes.…For example, a four by five,…which also equates to an eight by 10.…
As you start to crop, you'll notice that it constrains,…
- Sizing an image
- Fixing exposure problems
- Fixing an image that is too bright or too dark
- White balancing a photo
- Changing the color of an object
- Fixing red eye and dark circles
- Controlling focus, perspective, and backgrounds
- Blurring backgrounds
Skill Level Beginner
1. Sizing an Image
2. Exposure Problems
3. Color Problems
How do I fix skin tones?3m 26s
4. Retouching Problems
5. Controlling Focus, Perspective, and Backgrounds
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.