Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video High dynamic range (HDR) images, part of Lightroom Classic CC 2015 and Photoshop: Photography Workflow Strategies.
- Let's talk about HDR, or High Dynamic Range images.…And the idea here is to take multiple exposures…and combine them together.…So here's a wildly overexposed image where I can see…the remnants of this timer in the foreground…but I can't see anything out the window.…In the next image, I had a little more balanced exposure,…I can see a little bit more of the sky, a little bit less…of the foreground.…And the next one, the sky looks great, I've got…no foreground at all, and then there's one more…which is probably pretty similar to what the meter saw.…
Now our eyes can see the full dynamic range of an image…but the camera cannot, so what we want to do…is combine these images all into one.…And this can either be used for sort of wildly…surrealistic images, similar to what we'll create here,…or something that's just more accurate, more like…what your eye saw.…Now in the past, HDR meant throwing images over…to Photoshop.…Well it's easier than ever here in Lightroom, and the way…that it works is I just shift-click the files that I want,…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Bryan O'Neil Hughes describes a modern photographic workflow that pairs Photoshop with Lightroom Classic CC. Learn the differences between a Bridge and ACR workflow and a Lightroom Classic CC workflow, and see how to take advantage of Lightroom Classic CC's features to work more efficiently.
And because the world is going mobile, Bryan also shares insights into where Lightroom for mobile fits into today's photographic workflow.
- Capturing images
- Importing images in Lightroom Classic CC
- Working with HDR images and panoramas
- Developing photos in Lightroom vs. Camera Raw
- Getting the most from Photoshop's tools
- Going beyond the desktop with Adobe mobile apps, CC Libraries, and Behance
- Putting it all together in a streamlined workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 46s Intermediate
1. Capture: It's All About the Input
Capture has changed1m 15s
2. Lightroom Import and Library
3. Lightroom Develop
4. Photoshop's Role
5. Beyond the Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.