Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Handling mismatches with Open Anyway, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together.
- View Offline
Lightroom and the Camera Raw plugin for Photoshop have the same engine for…rendering raw files into images composed of pixels.…This raw conversion engine is built into Lightroom, but it comes in the form of…a plugin for Photoshop, the Camera Raw plugin.…When an update to the Camera Raw plugin is released by Adobe, there is usually a…matching Lightroom update, one with the same underlying code and features…released at around the same time.…The best thing you can do to assure full compatibility when you are using…Lightroom and Photoshop together is to keep your versions of Lightroom and…Camera Raw matched with one another.…
In this movie I'll show what to expect if your versions of Lightroom and…Camera Raw don't match and I'll show you one of the options that you'll have in that case.…I'll show you another option in the following movie.…I've switched to another computer temporarily, which I've set up with…non-matching versions of all the software.…The exact versions of that software don't really matter, but since I'm sure…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. The course begins with details on how to set up the two programs for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats, sending them from Lightroom to Photoshop to viewing the edited results in Lightroom. The final chapter demonstrates several real-world scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop together.
- Setting the Lightroom preferences for editing in Photoshop
- Passing photos from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Handling software version mismatches
- Viewing and organizing Photoshop-edited photos in Lightroom
- Creating Lightroom presets for external editing
- Using Lightroom with Photoshop Elements
- Building a panorama with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Passing multiple photos to Photoshop for compositing
- Sending photos to Photoshop for retouching and removing content
- Bringing photos into Photoshop to add text and graphics