Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Graduated filters, part of Lightroom: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Instructor] So we've done a lot of work around…global image adjustments,…localized color and sharpening…even some light retouching.…Now, what I want to talk about…is graduated edits.…Doing something to just part of the image…deliberately.…This is really handy with photography…especially landscape photography.…Let's use this image here as an example.…Any image will work for this…but something with a clear sky…is often really helpful.…And just as a first step,…I'm going to hit auto as I come in here.…Maybe add some clarity.…
And at this point,…my feeling is that…the foreground to me…is really different than the background.…The background I want to be…sort of warm and saturated.…And the foreground is cold snow.…It's less important to me.…I don't want my adjustment to apply to the entire image.…So what I'm going to do…is I'm going to come in here to one of my tools…which is the graduated filter…and I'm going to apply this to the top.…First, I'm going to shift click.…And the shift is just going to keep this line straight…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
Lightroom CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Chris Orwig5h 59m Beginner
Learning Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CCwith Jan Kabili5h 14m Beginner
Lightroom and Photoshop: Workflow Strategieswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes2h 23m Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.