Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Photography and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. The course begins with details on how to set up the two programs for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats, sending them from Lightroom to Photoshop to viewing the edited results in Lightroom. The final chapter demonstrates several real-world scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop together.
- Setting the Lightroom preferences for editing in Photoshop
- Passing photos from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Handling software version mismatches
- Viewing and organizing Photoshop-edited photos in Lightroom
- Creating Lightroom presets for external editing
- Using Lightroom with Photoshop Elements
- Building a panorama with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Passing multiple photos to Photoshop for compositing
- Sending photos to Photoshop for retouching and removing content
- Bringing photos into Photoshop to add text and graphics
Skill Level Intermediate
Thank you so much for joining me for this course, Using Photoshop and Lightroom Together. It's really been a pleasure to talk with you about this subject. I think it's an important one, and I hope you'll spend some time practicing and exploring what we covered in the course. If you need to go back and review some basic information about either Photoshop or Lightroom, you'll find lots of material in the lynda.com online training library, including, for basic information on Photoshop, Photoshop CS6 Essential Training, and for basic information on Lightroom, Up and Running with Lightroom 4, as well as more advanced courses on both pieces of software.
So, enjoy using Photoshop and Lightroom together.