Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting started, part of Lightroom and Photoshop: Black-and-White Photography.
- Before we jump into Lightroom's develop module,…let's just really quickly talk about…a couple of things in the library.…You'll notice that all of the exercise files are here,…you could use all of your files here as well.…In some cases there are images…that look very similar, like the ones of the sky here.…But those are actually a series of panoramas.…In some cases there are various exposures…that are a series for an HDR merge.…And then there are images that…are literally the same image duplicated.…And those are for you to work through.…Now, if you want to duplicate your own image,…it's really easy to do, you just select the file…that you want, right-click, and select create virtual copy.…
That's really handy when you're not sure…if you want a color image or a black and white,…or if you want to have both.…A couple of other things that are really handy in here,…is you can set up Lightroom the way you want,…so you can hit these little triangles…on the edges of the screen and you'll notice…that they will only appear when you mouse over.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 4m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.