- View Offline
- Getting to know the Lightroom interface
- Establishing Lightroom preferences
- Using catalogs
- Importing images
- Image review
- Identifying and locating images
- Optimizing and sharing images
Skill Level Beginner
- Hello, I'm Tim Grey and I'm here to help you get up and running quickly in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. I've been taking photographs for as long as I can remember and for the last 15 years, I've focused my energy on helping photographers make the most of their digital workflow through books, magazine articles, speaking appearances and video training. I've become a big fan of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and use it as my primary tool for managing my own collection of almost a quarter million digital photos. In this workshop, I am going to distill my knowledge and experience to provide you with the basics you need to get up and running with Lightroom quickly.
I'll start off by providing you with an overview of Lightroom and guiding you through some of the configuration options available to you. I'll then demonstrate the various methods for importing images into the Lightroom catalog. Next, we'll take a look at the various options for keeping your digital photos organized within Lightroom and also show you some of the ways you can review your photos to help, for example, in identifying your favorite images. You'll also learn how to find the photos you need when you need them. Next, we'll take a look at the various tools for optimizing the appearance of your digital photos.
You'll see how to adjust tonality and color, how to clean up small blemishes and learn how to synchronize adjustments across multiple images captured under similar conditions. Finally, I'll show you how to share your images using a variety of different options within Lightroom. After completing this video workshop, you'll have a good understanding of what Lightroom is and how it works but more importantly, you'll have learned a basic workflow to help you manage, optimize and share your digital photos. So let's get started making the most of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom in your digital workflow.