Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Finish work using tools, part of Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- OK, for the most part we've worked top to bottom…with this image, but you might have noticed…that I sort of neglected the various tools…that are in Lightroom.…You can use these in whichever order that you want,…but in the case of crop, I like the crop…that I have with the image.…But you can always change that.…So if I choose the crop tool,…the thing I want to point out here is, if I hit the o key,…I'm gonna get all of these different overlays.…For this image I want a rule of thirds…and in camera I came pretty close to nailing this.…I want the gate in the middle and I want the image…to be segmented into thirds.…
Now, I can pick this up…and I can fine-tune it a little bit more if I want…and maybe that looks that much better.…As with everything I do in Lightroom,…this is nondestructive.…So if I commit this and I change my mind later,…I can always undo it.…You'll notice that when I take the crop tool,…the full image is actually sitting there.…Now, I don't know if you're able to see this,…but I see a little bit of a line here in the sky.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Foundations of Photography: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 4m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.