Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Fine-tuning your image , part of Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Okay, so now that we've adjusted the individual channels,…and we've put some toning on our image,…let's talk about the detail work, the finish work,…and for that I'm gonna come into my Detail panel,…and we've got this really handy little Loop View,…because what you wanna do is…you wanna look at the image at 100%,…but I also like to see the image from afar.…So by clicking on this Loop, I can put…that anywhere I want in the image.…And in this case, I wanna choose somewhere that I focused,…so I'm gonna put it on this barbed wire.…That's a nice spot to look at that.…I don't need to do a lot of Sharpening in this image,…but I wanna show you what to do, should you want to.…
Now, Lightroom's a great place to do global Sharpening,…you'll notice that there's some…Sharpening turned on by default.…All images need a little bit of Sharpening,…and you could just pull this slider over to the right,…and you'd notice a couple of things.…You'd notice that, yes, the image is gonna get sharper,…but it's also gonna get generate a lot of texture or noise.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Foundations of Photography: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 4m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.