Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding photos, part of Learning Lightroom 3.
Lightroom really shines when it comes to helping you find particular photos…among the thousands of photos that you may have in a Lightroom catalog.…That's because Lightroom is a database system that has a record of each photo…that contains lots of information about that photo, and Lightroom's filter…system can search much of that information.…That's done with the filter system that's accessed from the Filter bar at the…top of the Library module.…If your Filter bar isn't showing now, you can open it by going to the View menu…and choosing Show Filter Bar.…
The Filter bar offers three ways to filter.…Earlier in this chapter, we took a look at filtering by text in the context of…keywording, and we took a look at filtering by attribute in the context of…reviewing and rating photos.…In this movie, we'll focus on what I think is the most powerful kind of…filtering, filtering by metadata.…When you're filtering by metadata, the first step is to select the source files…that you want Lightroom to filter.…
- Understanding Lightroom catalogs
- Importing photos from multiple sources
- Organizing photos with ratings, keywords, and collections
- Working with virtual copies
- Making basic corrections to photo color and tone
- Making local photo edits with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Removing spots from multiple photos at once
- Reducing digital noise and sharpening
- Cropping and straightening
- Printing and exporting edited photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
2. Organizing Photos
3. Learning the Basics of the Develop Module
4. Making Basic Photo Corrections
5. Correcting Part of a Photo
6. Photo Finishing
7. Sharing Your Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.