Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding photos with filters, part of Learning Lightroom 4.
Lightroom's filters are very good at what they're designed to do, which is to…help you zero in on particular assets in a potentially large catalog of photos and videos.…We've touched on two kinds of Library filters in earlier movies in this…chapter, the Powerful Text filter, which I covered in the context of keyword…searching, and the Attribute filters which I showed in the context of reviewing…photos from a shoot.…A third category of filters, the Metadata filters, take advantage of the many…pieces of information about your photos and videos in the active catalog.…
You remember that a catalog is a database that contains lots of pieces …of information, some of which come from your digital camera and some of which you…add here in Lightroom.…And the Metadata filters are great at sifting through that information.…If your Library Filter bar isn't open, by the way, you can open it by going up…to the View menu and choosing Show Filter bar or using the keyboard shortcut…that I've been using throughout the course so far, which is the Backslash key on your keyboard.…
- What is Lightroom used for?
- Importing photos and videos
- Organizing your library with collections
- Adding keywords and ratings to photos
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adjusting color and white balance
- Reducing digital noise
- Working with video
- Making changes with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Sharing photos on Facebook
- Printing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos and Video
2. Managing Photos and Video in the Library Module
3. Editing Photos in the Develop Module
4. Correcting Part of a Photo
Removing spots4m 44s
5. Sharing and Printing Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.